Wii Fit holds onto top spot
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:28 PM
Wii Fit keeps jumping higher in the UK software charts.
After taking the top spot last week, Nintendo's Wii Fit is going from strength to strength by holding onto first place with a 21% increase in sales.
This is the very first time the game has held onto the spot since it launched nine months ago: Wii Fit has been on top six times.
EA's Skate 2 makes a respectable showing at third, behind the marathon selling Call of Duty: World at War. EA also owns places four and five with Fifa 09 and Lord of the Rings: Conquest.
Wii Fit has competition from Ubisoft, in the form of My Fitness Coach at number 7. This video gaming fitness craze has really taken off. Lots of New Years resolutions it seems.
- 1. WII FIT
- 2. CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR
- 3. SKATE 2
- 4. FIFA 09
- 5. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: CONQUEST
- 6. WII PLAY
- 7. MY FITNESS COACH
- 8. MARIO KART WII
- 9. TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD
- 10. PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE CURIOUS VILLAGE
- 11. GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR
- 12. MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES
- 13. NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER
- 14. DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING
- 15. CARNIVAL: FUNFAIR GAMES
- 16. LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME
- 17. LEGO INDIANA JONES: ORIGINAL ADVENTURES
- 18. PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2009
- 19. CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE
- 20. FALLOUT 3
Source: Gfk Charttrack