Gran Turismo 5 publicity begins with Citroën (includes competition giveaway)
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:05 PM
Gran Turismo 5 publicity starts with Citroën and Polyphony Digital's supercar.
Racing London in Gran Turismo 5 was a fantasy we thought we'd never be able to enjoy in real-life. That's somewhat true, but today Citroën offered their stunning concept supercar, the GTbyCITROËN, to the city and recreated the circuit featured in Gran Turismo 5.
Yes, it looks like Polyphony Digital is starting to advertise Gran Turismo 5 already, adding evidence to a late-2009 release.
The GTbyCITROEN is the result of a partnership between Citroën and Polyphony, measuring 4.96 meters and just over a metre high, sporting wide air intakes, rear air-diffuser, horizontal LED headlamps, gull wing doors, diamond-effect 21-inch aluminium wheels, black leather finishes and hi-tech racing controls.
You can find a selection of photographs of the car's tour of London below, but be warned, some of the photos are not as they seem.
The GTbyCITROËN will make its UK show début at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, 3rd to 5th July.
[UPDATE] - Lets make this a little more interesting. We'll send out a selection of goodies to two commenters who correctly identify which photographs are real and which are from Gran Turismo 5. Comments including answers will be hidden until the competition is over to ensure it's fair.
Each prize will include a copy of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP, a Hellboy plastic model, Volume 1 of The Slayers on DVD, Huntik: Trading Card Game DVD, and a Darksiders art card signed by a member of the development team! Remember to click on the images to take a closer look. Subject to Terms and Conditions.*
[UPDATE 2] - The competition is now closed and the winners have been contacted, so congratulations to them! All of you were amazing and we hope you enjoyed the competition!
We hope to bring you more soon and if you wondered the following images are from Gran Turismo 5: pictures 2, 4, 5, 6 and 8. The rest (including the title image) are from the real life London. Thanks!
Picture 1 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 2 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 3 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 4 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 5 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 6 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 7 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 8 (Click to Enlarge)
Picture 9 (Click to Enlarge)
*Terms and Conditions
1. Winners will be chosen at random, with entrances being accepted until 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday 23rd. Entrances made after this date will not be included in our selection.
2. Winners will be contacted by email on Thursday 24th June, so make sure to include your correct email in your comment.
3. Please make sure your comment has gone through, since our system may falsely reject correct code entrances. If you receive a "Thank you for your comment" message on the website, we have received your comment.
4. Only commenters who correctly identify all images will be in with a chance of winning.
5. Worldwide entrances accepted.